That is the burning question on every single person’s mind when they first hear our company name. We must admit that when we picked that name, we didn’t really think it would create such a turmoil. Sure there is a meaning behind the name “i7,” but did we think we’d have to explain it right away? Not necessarily.
But since our work involves shedding light on a brand or product, we must do the same for our company brand and reveal the story behind its name. We’ve left you pondering long enough.
However, before we share the simple explanation behind i7, we have one request. We kindly ask that you read and pronounce our name in French.
English may have become an important part of our everyday language in Haiti, but when we chose to call our company i7lab we were definitely thinking in French. Plus “ee-set” sounds way better than its English counterpart that makes us sound like wannabes of the “i” family (we are talking about the iPad, iPhone, etc. family here for those of you who just got confused by these last few words).
So again, our company name is i7, short for i7lab, pronounced “ee-set-lab.” The i7 part hides seven words that reflect our global vision, the very same words that flood your Instagram and Twitter feeds, if you follow us on social media. They are:
At i7, we make it a point to:
- identify both your needs and those of your target audience so as to create relevant messages.
- imagine what a brand or product could be so as to link them to an everyday lifestyle;
- invent by starting every project from scratch in order to shed a new light on the products or brands we showcase;
- illustrate our concepts and ideas so that we can make them a reality;
- innovate by adding new twists to the way we present your brand or product;
- inspire others to be the best they can be;
- inform the public accurately through relevant content.
There you have it. The i7 mystery is finally solved.
Remember, it’s pronounced “ee-set” 😉